Jonathan Goodwin Talks To Jay Fortune #3 (2 CD set
With his break in Monkey Magic as The Colonel, Jonathan Goodwin has become one of the world's most sensational and creative escapologists. Starring in 'Dirty Tricks', 'Death-Wish Live', 'Balls of Steel' and 'The 7 Most Stupid Things to Escape From' with his unique and original escapes, Jonathan has been buried alive, hung, stung by bees, been through a car wash strapped to the outside of the car, swung by a crane into televisions and toilets and appeared naked and bound in-front of his family and friends.
In this third release of the Magic Interview Series, Jonathan offers his views and opinions on why he pushes the boundaries of magic. His philosophy doesn't always make for easy listening. If you're serious about standing out from the competition and allowing your spectators to experience something truly unique when watching you perform then Jonathan's words will certainly set you thinking.
Like his escapes, Jonathan's interview with Jay Fortune is controversial, compelling and captivating.
CD1: Running time approx 48 minutes.
Part One: The Early Goodwin
- Creative control, trick construction and inspiration for new effects
- Is the magician really an actor playing the part of a magician? The difference between acting and performing
- How he got his break into TV
- Jonathan's work with Derren Brown
- Behind the scenes of Monkey Magic including the original line-up
- Problems with magic; competitions, props and magicians
- Knowing who you are and what magic suits you
- Magic for television; shooting magic effectively
- How to make your magic memorable
- Producing Undercover Magic and The Secret World of Magic
- His philosophy on escapology; jeopardy, traditional escapes, performance and flaws
Part Two: The Escaping Goodwin
- Traumatic entertainment = compulsive viewing
- His Dad and his role in Jonathan's escapes
- How do you make a cow a restraint?
- Inspiration for his escapes
- Toleration of pain
- The real story of what went wrong on Death-Wish Live
- The flawed plot of Russian Roulette
- His meticulous research, planning and preparation
- The '90% of Magicians are A**holes' Theory
- Originality of performance
- Why magic attracts a certain type of individual; a geeky boy's hobby
- Jonathan puts his reputation and fee on the air. A live escape in the Radio Magic studio.
- Famous magicians, societies and secrets!
Presented in a double DVD case with full colour DVD sleeve, your copy comes complete with two printed audio discs, and a running time of over 106 minutes.
Review Excerpts (1)
Reviewed By Jeff Stone
Random I-Tunes Song of The Moment: I'd Just Love to Lay You Down By Conway Twitty
For $30 bucks you get a 2 disk set of Jay Fortune interviewing Jonathan Goodwin, 10 tracks, and disturbing images burned into your brain so deep that even Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones can't erase them.
It's kind of tricky to review something like this. It's an interview. I could rate it on if I liked what the interview was about. But just because I liked it doesn't mean you will. I could grade it on product quality, b . . .
10 Latest Reviews
The Money Card by Shaun Robison
Polyester by Zivi Kivi by Zivi Kivy
John Bannon’s Twister Sisters 2.0 by John Bannon
Haunted 2.0 by Mark Traversoni & Peter Eggink
Blinking Effect by JeanLuc Bertrand
Romero Box (Red) by Antonio Romero
Romero Box (Blue) by Antonio Romero
FaceShifter By Skulkor (Blue) by Skulkor
FaceShifter By Skulkor (Red) by Skulkor
Simplex Monte By Alakazam (Red) by Rob Bromley